WEEK 1 – The Legal Stuff
- How to KNOW if your business will be sustainable in your area
- Business must-haves and how to interpret common terms in a potential lease
- Business entity types and how to get your LLC, EIN and state tax ID
- Licenses and permits you might need and how to find out your city’s codes
- Setting up your bank account for the gym and what documents most banks require
WEEK 2 – What Your Gym Needs
- What type of gym will you be and does that fit the needs of your community?
- How much money do you need to start a gym? What equipment is most important? What financing options are available?
- Best practices for logo and branding.
- How to market effectively and take pre-registration before you open. We’ll also review class management software options here.
- What are the must-haves on your website and Facebook business profile?
WEEK 3 – All About Staff
- How to build an effective class schedule & team schedule that can grow with you.
- When will you need to hire staff? What positions are most important? How will you afford them?
- The lowdown on staff handbook, hiring documents, payroll, taxes and contracts.
- Hiring best practices.
- Staff on-boarding for long-term retention.
WEEK 4 – Grow Your Gym Before Day 1
- Why recreational classes are vital to your success and three tips for starting yours successfully.
- What teams should you start with? Novice, prep, elite, etc.?
- What is the USASF, Varsity, WASF and The Open – and which are the best fits for your gym?
- Why retention matters and how to establish if you have good retention.
- Next steps, goal setting, and when to start working with a business coach.